Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5th

Hi,

First day of school ^^. We didn't have any lectures yet, only the entrance exam. When I got there a lot of people from around the world gathered for the entrance exam. Well they all looked asian to me, but according to the list there were a lot of people from Europe too. Even a guy/girl from Belgium, he/she might be in my class, who knows. There were also 2 german girls next to me and hearing a familiar language made me feel more at ease somehow. The test started of really simple, but ended way too difficult, I had to give in the test with half of the pages blank. After that I had to wait for the oral test, which went really well (I'm glad joen can't give any comments on this one <_<), so we will see tomorrow in what group they will put me in. I hope at least group 3 or I will be quite bored I think.

*As Sunnynuna pointed out, it was no river, but a brook. The only river in Seoul is the hangang river.*
*And it's 천계천, cheonkyechon, not gwanggyo. That's just a bridge going over it. Who gives small bridges a name anyway <_<*
*If I make more mistakes, just correct me.*
The test ended really quickly, so I went back home to fix my cellphone. The charger didn't seem to work. After mailing them yesterday they had send me to the Jong-ru district. The subway system is pretty straightforward, so all went well and I got there as expected. With some minor problems I got a new one for free. As I was walking back I saw this river with a lot of people sitting next to it, so I thought, why not see what's so good about it. It was the gwanggyo river. A small river, but somehow really quiet and peaceful, although the busy road was just beside it. So with an iced vanilla latte (They really have everything iced...) in my hands I started walking besides it. It was really beautiful and I think it's the river from Jeon Woochi: The taoist Wizard when they got to 'our time' and where Woochi was fighting the evil wizard. I think it was somewhere near the end. Where he faked to be dead.

The river seemed to have no end, and under every bridge it was filled with cute couples, but really filled! It was such a beautiful sight really. So I ended up just sitting there looking at the people, it was so peaceful I wouldn't want to leave and the cutest couple was about to kiss, so I wouldn't want to miss that ^^ (I did miss it in the end, because the boy was way to shy). My stomach wasn't really agreeing with the time I had spend there already, so I went back 'home'.

In only a few seconds I got lost, but how would you be if you saw a lot of lights coming from a street. You would go there too, I know you would. So I went to check out this market place, which I don't know the name of and it was nice, but as the weather started to get clouded again, I just went back home. I got lose, but that's not the most important thing here <_<. Too bad though, because there was an arcade hall there ><

It's almost midnight and I still haven't eaten dinner yet, so I'm gonna do that and hit the sack.

2 comments:

  1. 천계천 T____T
    That's a really nice place. You should try and cover all of it from the beginning at Gwanghwamun...

    Don't stay hungry!!! ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I even saw the show at night ^^. It was some kind of laser show..
    I wanted to spend the time with a friend, but she had a date that night, so was busy. Meh.

    ReplyDelete