Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7th

Today I was a bit tired in class, but as it was grammar I was quite ok. I went through my book and I noticed that I know every grammar except for like 2-3 grammar points already. So I was thinking about maybe going to higher lvl after all, since I'm really bored during class and even helping people out next to me. But as we got to speaking and reading, I changed my mind... I'm so bad at speaking ><...

Well today was quite the normal day, I didn't do anything that is quite worth mentioning. Just ate at uni, studied there, saw 3 friends who so reminded me of Me, Joen and Koen ^^. 1 girl didn't want to go with them, they both were bored and were like pushing her to still go along, preventing her to do anything if she didn't join, took her cellphone, took away her books, ... Like things they would do too ^^. The girl didn't go with them, but the 2 others returned twice to 'annoy' her a bit into coming along. Talking about how she 'promised' etc. You could clearly see how she liked it that they cared for her and was really hesitating of going along, but she still wanted/needed to read that book. Did homework, fell asleep at the chairs at Ewha, went home, some girls addressed me because they had seen me at uni and wanted to meet with me, we went to a bar and had a lovely time. When I got home I still hadn't heard from Mike, with whom I would be going to dinner (and some classmates), but apparently he got really drunk. I guess, not really interesting stuff, so I will use today's record for Biko. To put up some slang/words you shouldn't use. He will love this ;)

*Edit*
What's worth mentioning is the fact that they really stalk you in stores. The other day I was walking around in this clothes shop. Apparently guys clothes in Korea are not that different from girls clothes, because we actually didn't notice any difference, but the lady at the store stopped us when we got to the girl sections... So that was kinda weird.

The lady had been following us around from the very moment we got in. She just stood there about 2 meters from us and every inch we moved she moved with us, not saying any word.. It felt really creepy. When we then moved to the shoes section there was this guy who was even worse, he was looking at everything we did and when we were pointing and stuff, it was ok, but when we actually touched one of the guys he just jumped in asking if he could help us. I really felt like a criminal to be honest. You hardly see any police outside, so that's quite good if you compare to Belgium, where you can't go 15 minutes/half an hour without seeing police, but here I think I only saw police 3-5 times? But I actually felt the same inside the shops as I do when I see police near me on the streets at home. Which is not really at ease... But apparently they do it 'to help us', 'to be friendly'. They get payed to do it...

They get payed to do really anything. I saw a guy holding an arrow with the shops name on it, I saw a guy at the metro stations, just walking around, checking if all is ok, I saw so many useless jobs so far... Apparently they also have this job, which is quite useful, where they drive you home in your own car when you're drunk. Which is kinda cool. Driving in Seoul is really crazy though. I already saw 1 girl got hit by a car, I think Eunjoo almost got hit when we were walking around, ... so it gets quite crazy. When you're on foot you really are below the 'road'-chain or whatever you'd want to call it. Biker is even worse, since I don't think they have places for bikes to ride. Too be honest... I don't think I actually saw a bike already. Now did I.... Ow yeah I did, but hardly any... and motorcycles drive on the sidewalk as well. So yeah, quite the scary scene.

Ow. And if you ever sleep near your fridge and it makes a lot of sound, don't pull the plug on it, even though there is nothing in it and the freezer is not working properly... The floor will be full of water the next day... *pointing out the obvious...* 난 바보야 <_<

No comments:

Post a Comment